Layer Client API Change Log
MessagePart is now full citizen object, allowing updates to the message contents and addressing of the parts
with Layer URI style ids based on UUIDs
September 28, 2017
- Support for message updating added to verion ˇ2.0`
April 17, 2017
- Presence APIs are now available to let users know who is online/offline/busy/away.
- A limited Channel implementation allows web users to have up to 250 participants in a single Channel. This is a separate API from Conversations.
September 15, 2016
- Formerly, you’d get a
503 Service Unavailableerror response (with
1in the Error object) not only when a dependent service was unavailable, but also when any unexpected exception occurred. We now distinguish those scenarios properly. Now you’ll get
500 Internal Server Error(with
100) if something unexpected happens. If you see a
500, please report it to us immediately, particularly if it’s repeatable.
August 30, 2016
- Users who left a conversation with
?mode=my_devices&leave=trueand were subsequently re-added were seeing an empty
participantslist. Now the full list is back in all its glory.
July 12, 2016
WebSocket URL is changed to
April 29, 2016
Announcements and fixes
- New APIs to access announcements. Receipts and deletion are supported. Announcements can only be sent via the platform api
- When paginating through Messages, on the final page the
Layer-Countheader will continue to return the total number of results. Previously it would start returning the number of results in the final page
April 5, 2016
Improved deletion functionality.
- Deleting Conversations and Messages can now be done for
- Deleting Conversations can be accompanied by a
leave=trueparameter to remove the user from the Conversation.
- Deleting with
destroy=trueis now deprecated; use
March 29, 2016
Deduplication Support added.
- There is now deduplication support when sending a
POSTrequest to create a Message or Conversation.
January 21, 2016
Adds support for running apps from a WebView.
- Register a device for Push Notifications to support mobile apps running a WebView.
January 8, 2016
- Fixed sorting by
- Optimized posting conversations
November 12, 2015
Layer-Countheader is now returned with all collections, and not solely when there are more resources to load.
- Improved handling of WebSockets and XHR requests that involve a deleted Session Token
last_messageproperty is now returned when a Create Conversation request returns an existing Distinct Conversation.
- Fixes overly long timeouts
- Conversations can now be sorted by
last_message.sent_at, not just by
- Now supports
X-HTTP-Method-Override: PATCHas an alternate way of issuing a PATCH request.
October 6, 2015
Initial public release
- CRUD methods on conversations, messages, and content
- WebSocket notifications
- WebSocket conversation and message creation methods